|We’re inspired every day by the diverse, creative, and passionate community LapTwo has grown into, and we’re proud of the steps that we’ve taken—and will continue to take—to ensure that all of our users feel welcome to explore, buy, sell, learn, and be inspired. With that in mind, we’ve created the following policy to help guide our users on what is allowed within LapTwo listings. With every decision, we keep our entire community of customers—including their cultural differences, opinions, and sensitivities—in mind. While some situations will fall outside of what we’ve defined below, every decision will be made in alignment with our belief that anyone who wants to use LapTwo.com should feel empowered and safe to do so.|
1. Items That Support or Glorify Hatred
One of the most important tenets of LapTwo is to make sure that users of all races, genders, religions, creeds, political affiliations and backgrounds feel safe and included. We recognize that what one user deems hateful and offensive may strike another user as completely benign. As a marketplace with a diverse collection of buyers and sellers, we often must make decisions that not everyone will agree with. As a practice:
- LapTwo does not allow items or listings that promote or glorify hatred towards people based on: race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, disability or sexual orientation (“Protected Classes”)
- LapTwo does not allow items or listings that promote or glorify current or historical hate groups, including their iconography, examples of which are: neo-Nazi groups, the Ku Klux Klan, white supremacist organizations, anti-semitic organizations, misogynist organizations, anti-LGBTQ organizations or anti-immigration organizations (collectively “Hate Groups”)
- LapTwo does not allow items or listings that contain words or terms denigrating Protected Classes or supporting the Hate Groups listed above.
2. Violence or Items That Encourage, Glorify or Can Be Used for Violence
The LapTwo community encourages safety and our users right to feel safe on the platform. That said, we do realize the depictions of violence can have both historical and artistic significance or sometimes are just done in good fun (see Halloween). The items and listing that cross that line and are not allowed on the site are as follows:
- Depictions or glorification people that have been found guilty of violent crimes
- Depictions or glorification of actual human suffering (this does not include gothic or metal music based imagery)
- Depictions or glorification of natural disasters
- Depictions or glorification of violence against individuals or groups that are not encompassed by Section 1 of this policy
- Any items or listings that support or encourage self-harm
- Actual weapons.
3. Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs
Whether you indulge in alcohol and drugs or not, we can all agree that LapTwo is not a marketplace for the sale or promotion of these items. From a pure legal standpoint, alcohol and drugs are highly regulated and as a result, we cannot facilitate the sale of:
- Actual alcohol or drugs of any kind, regardless of their legality generally or within certain states
- Tobacco products of any kind including e-cigarettes or vaping products
- Drug paraphernalia including, but not limited to, bongs, bubblers, vaporizers or components associated with these items
Generally, LapTwo does not have an issue with iconography associated with drugs and alcohol unless it involves another category prohibited under this policy or it involves trademark infringement.
4. Illegal Items, Counterfeit Items and Trademark Infringement
LapTwo does not support items that were obtained illegally or otherwise violate the law. We know this seems obvious, but with musical instruments, gear and equipment, it can actually be more complex than you think. To provide further color on this issue, LapTwo does not allow the following items or listings on the site:
- Counterfeit or stolen items. We will cooperate with law enforcement to the extent user decide to post items that fit into this category. This includes turning over a user’s contact information if we are provided with a legal or court order to do so
- Items that infringe on trademarks. We typically request that the intellectual property owner provide us with proof of their legal right, but provided they do so, we will remove listings that appear to infringe
5. Pornography and Adult Content
This certainly is not a difficult thing to find on the internet, but it’s not part of LapTwo’s mission. That said, we do recognize that nudity or adult content can be an integral part of art, and we do not believe in censorship. So this is a tricky one, but here is what LapTwo does not allow on the site:
- Pornography. And by pornography, we mean explicit or graphic sexual content or activity
- Any depiction of underage children in this context
- Any depiction of sexual activity associated with objectification or violence
What is allowed and what may appear on LapTwo is “adult content” which may include non-pornographic nudity and profane language.
6. Autographed Items or Memorabilia
LapTwo is a marketplace for motorcycles, parts, and equipment. We do not, universally prohibit autographed items and memorabilia. However, the opportunity for forgery and counterfeiting is much higher in this category than many others, so LapTwo reserves the right to require Certificates of Authenticity (COA) or Letters of Authenticity (LOA) demonstrating that an item is what it is purported to be. All pictures of the item must also include a clear photograph of the item, as well as the signature and the COA or LOA. LapTwo may request the opinion of third-party experts in making the determination of whether or not to suspend a listing in this category.