Community Rules – Buyers
|Below are the rules of the LapTwo community. We want you to be a good person and treat everyone with dignity and respect. Do what you say you are going to do and be kind and friendly in how you do it. We’ll all be cool with each other if you follow the common sense rules below.|
1. LapTwo Code of Conduct
LapTwo respectfully requests that all users of its sites adhere to the following Code of Conduct as a prerequisite to being a member of the LapTwo community.
- Only use the platform if you are over 18 years old or have the supervision of an adult or guardian who is over 18 years old.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and activities on and regarding to LapTwo and any and all data, text, information, usernames, graphics, images, photographs, profiles, audio, video, items, and links (together, “Content”) that you submit, post, and display on LapTwo.
- Your Content and your use of LapTwo shall not be false, inaccurate or misleading, fraudulent or involve the sale of illegal, counterfeit or stolen items.
- You shall not infringe upon any third-party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or intellectual property rights or rights of publicity or privacy.
- You shall not violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
- You shall not sell items that have been identified by the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) as hazardous to consumers and therefore subject to a recall.
- Do not use a fake identity.
- Do not create a new or alternate account to avoid restrictions or limitation imposed on another account.
- Do not interfere with another users’ business or listing(s).
- Do not take any transaction off-site.
- Do not make false claims about other users.
- Always treat other users with respect.
- Do not make threats against LapTwo or its staff.
- Always treat the LapTwo staff with respect.
- Always provide accurate personal and contact information.
- Do not engage in any illegal activity, including the infringement of intellectual property, listing items that do not exist or you do not own, shipping items that are different from your listing or the applicable order, money laundering or other forms of fraud.
- Do not engage in discrimination or hate speech of any kind including adverse references to age, race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or pregnancy.
- Do not use the platform to engage in threats of violence or to encourage violence in any manner.
- Do not use the platform to harass, impersonate or intimidate other users.
- Do not use the site to engage in the transmission of pornography or any obscene materials.
Your access to any and all LapTwo websites is conditioned on your adherence to this policy. Any violation of this section may result in immediate termination of your rights as a LapTwo user. Determinations will be made at the sole discretion of LapTwo and may be implemented without warning or the ability to cure.
2. Payment Policy
If you buy an item on LapTwo, you are obligated to pay for the item that was sold, or one of the series, in a reasonable period of time after the sale. You are solely responsible for payment. You expressly agree that LapTwo may charge your credit card, or any other method of payment, on file for any and all payments advanced or made or refunds issued due to your failure to make payment on an order. You hereby waive any and all claims against LapTwo for exercising this right. LapTwo does not accept payment for items over the phone. To the extent there are issues with payment, please direct them to LapTwo Customer Engagement here.
3. Off-Site Transactions/Void Transactions/Fee Avoidance
No sales may be carried out via private message as a means to avoid LapTwo’s sales fee. Any other efforts to move sales initiated on LapTwo off-site to avoid fees is strictly prohibited and may result in account suspension or termination. Any transaction initiated on the Site, but consummated off-site will not be subject to any of LapTwo’s policies or protections. LapTwo reserves the right to charge its fee for any transaction initiated on the Site and completed off-site. You waive any and all claims against LapTwo for such fee.
4. Waiver of Claims
You acknowledge that LapTwo is only a marketplace that provides a digital connection for users. LapTwo is not a party to the actual transaction. You expressly waive and release LapTwo (and LapTwo’s officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with the failure of a user to complete a sale, including a failure by the seller to ship at all or to ship within the stated time period (i.e. Two Day Shipping).